Here at Elite Performance Chiropractic we utilize the latest in scientific techniques to accelerate your healing and get you back to the activities you enjoy.
Normatec Recovery System was created by a Physician (MD, PhD) to enhance blood flow and speed up recovery times. Normatec utilizes three specific massage patterns for optimal results:
- Pulsing: Instead of static compression (wraps or squeezing) to move stagnant fluid out of the legs, Normatec technology uses dynamic compression (pulsing). The Normatec patented pulsing action more efficiently moves fluid and metabolites from the legs to increase the bodies natural fluid dynamics and increase the rate at which you can heal.
- Gradients: Unlike arteries, veins and lymphatic vessels have one way valves to prevent the backflow of fluid, and require the movement of muscles to push the fluid in the correct direction. Normatec Pulse Technology holds pressure specifically in each section to force the fluid out of the legs without any backflow. This allows the fluid to get out of the lower limbs more effectively, in less time.
- Distal Release: Because extended amounts of time with static pressure (squeezing without releasing) can cause damage to the bodies natural circulatory system, the Normatec Recovery System will release pressure in different sections when they are not needed to prevent backflow. This allows each section to get maximum rest time in between compression cycles.
The ability of the Normatec Recovery System to speed up healing times can be used for patients with low back pain, sciatica, hip pain, knee pain, foot and ankle injuries, post surgical rehab, and much more.
Call the office today to get your Normatec recovery session scheduled.
Normatec Recovery FAQ’s
What are the benefits of Normatec compression therapy?
Besides the fact that Normatec treatments can help offer relief from many different ailments, it also comes with these benefits:
- Improved circulation
- Accelerated recovery and healing
- Reduced inflammation
- Flushing of the lymphatic system
- Reduced water retention
How often can Normatec be used?
Normatec can be used regularly as part of healing or in preparation for an athletic event. A typical session can last about 20 to 30 minutes or so and it can be used daily. Your chiropractor will assess your need and create a treatment plan that will help you yield the best results.
How does Normatec help sore knees?
Normatec compressions have been shown to reduce sensitivity to pain, increase one’s range of motion, improve blood flow in the legs, and more. As a result, both inflammation and soreness in the knees are reduced.
Will Normatec treatments reduce pain from arthritis?
Yes, absolutely! Normatec reduces inflammation and promotes healing. You may feel relief from arthritis in as little as one treatment.
Does Normatec make you sleepy?
It may. Many patients find that the constant pulsing compression makes them feel very relaxed. And, this sense of calm can make one a bit sleepy.
How do I know if Normatec compression treatment is right for me?
While Normatec treatments are beneficial for many patients, they are not necessarily the right fit for everyone. Contact Elite Performance Chiropractic today at (312) 573-1800. Let us assess your needs and determine whether Normatec or an alternate treatment will give you the results you are looking for.